|Skinny Taste Cookbook - Christmas Present|
I am trying something new this year. Instead of a menu for just one week; I have decided to plan for two weeks at a time. This will (hopefully) save me money in the long run since I will not be going to the grocery store 4 times each month...this is the plan anyways.
I am proud to say I have cooked every day this week except one since we had leftovers but with a twist. Here is our menu for this week and next.
- protein bars with fruit (nathan has started going to the gym again)
- peanut butter sandwiches
- fruit and/or veggies
- monday - pancakes with bacon
- tuesday - chicken parm with spaghetti
- wednesday - slow cooker santa fe chicken (skinny taste)
- thursday - french bread pizza supreme (skinny taste - modified)
- friday - santa fe chicken leftovers on tortilla shells
- saturday - baked potatoes, grilled chicken (from work) and tossed salad (dessert: peach crisp)
- sunday - sunday roast with gravy (skinny taste) mashed potatoes, tossed salad, broccoli
- monday - grilled chicken (from work), pasta and tossed salad (dessert: strawberry crisp)
- tuesday - italian bread pizza (either bbq chicken or pepperoni)
- wednesday - chicken saute with peppers and goat cheese served with pasta (weight watchers)
- thursday - tacos with dear meat
- friday - leftovers (raid the fridge!)
- saturday - country fried steak with roasted sweet potatoes and veggies
- sunday - homemade pizza (this will probably be changed to something else)
I am excited to see how much money we can save by planning for two weeks instead of one. Also, we will save by not going out to eat. I am so tired of that. We just want home cooked meals!
Between Aldi and Walmart I spent about $108 (this includes toilet paper, diapers and breathing strips) - food total was about $85. I picked up a few things twice this week since saturday and sunday we added people to the dinners. That added about $40 - we purchased peppers, cucumbers, 2 ice creams, italian bread, coffee, coffee creamers and a couple other things.
What is on your menu plan? Is menu planning on your New Year Resolution List?