8.30.2010

Cleaning Out The Pantry!

Good afternoon, friends! I seem to be too busy to write on my own blog because I am reading other ones. This is a new thing for me; trying to write on my blog consistently. I will continue to try my best.

Shopping this weekend was a great success. At Publix, I spent $13.91 (tax included) and saved $16.42 ~ about a 54% savings! At Target, I spent $5.93 (tax included) and saved $9.07 ~ about a 60% savings! At Walgreens, I spent about $55.00 and saved $22.00 ~ about a 29% savings! (And I have $3 RR to use on my next trip.) My Walgreens purchase was more because we had to buy (2) containers of Similac Formula, but I saved $7 on each of them. We also purchased (2) Pampers; which gave us 2 FREE Pampers wipes. I did get a FREE Listerine Zero Mouthwash. All in all, a great shopping trip for me.

This week is "Cleaning Out the Pantry"  week! Nathan says, "I'll believe it when I see it". This is a valid statement, but this time I mean it. I am trying to help our family save money on groceries and gas. And I am trying to prove that I can do this. So far so good. Last night, I made a wonderful dish called "Zesty Rice and Beans" (you can find it at www.allrecipes.com) It was wonderful! I made enough for Nathan and I for dinner and some for him to take to work for lunch, as well as enough for our friends; Montegue and Cara. ~ Cara and her little girl were both sick, so I was sure dinner would be a little hard to deal with. ~ All you have to do is go to www.allrecipes.com and type in what ingredients you have and what you do not want; then choose a recipe you would like to try. Wonderful! For us I added some spicy sausage for more of a kick.  I will continue to share what I make with you and tell you how it turns out.

In other news, tonight I have a TASTEFULLY SIMPLE meeting with the other consultants in my area. We will be tasting the new FALL/WINTER LINE FOR 2010. I am so excited! I have made some Bountiful Beer Bread -Wheat and the Oats n Cranberry Bars. I will let you know how they turn out!

If you would like to host a tasting party, please let me know. I will come to you even if you live a bit away! OR visit my website www.tastefullysimple.com/web/crankin to place an order!

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I am thankful you visited my blog today!

I love to read all your comments. Please keep your comments encouraging. Rude comments will be deleted.

Again, thank you!