8.06.2011

Great Deals Found during TAX FREE WEEKEND!

Here in Chattanooga (and I believe in most Southern States) we are having TAX FREE WEEKEND! It is so nice to not have to pay tax...this is one thing I sure do miss in Pa. I didn't realize that this was going on until a few hours into Mrs. Joy and I's shopping trip yesterday. 


Mrs. Joy, Hailey and I headed out to see if we could find some of the items on my birthday list. We did pretty well! Here is what we were able to get:


(No picture until my actual birthday...August 21...or whenever we have my birthday party.)


- Canning Kit from Target 
- 3 Necklaces, 4 pairs of earrings, 1 bracelet  (30% off plus 15% and Mrs. Joy had Kohl's cash)
- 2 pairs of shoes ($3 for one pair and $10 for the other!!!!!) 
- 1 pair of pants (1.98 after coupon at Target!) 


Overall, it was a GREAT trip! I even purchased Hailey an outfit at the Kohl's 60-70% off sale. Total cost was under $5 saved about $18!!!! Craziness! 


I am very thankful for having been able to go shopping with Mrs. Joy yesterday. It was nice to get to spend time with her and Hailey together. We had coffee at my house before we left, did some shopping, had lunch and even ran into a friend of mine and her 3 month old daughter Kate! It was a great time. 


Another note: We searched for Glass or White Kitchen Canisters all day...found 2 sets that I liked only to find out that they were ONLY FOR DECORATION! Who does that?! I was bummed but I am sure I will find a better deal. We still have time. 




**** The last few posts have been about decorating my house. This is because Nathan and I are trying to finish up the last few rooms in our home to make it cohesive to the other rooms. It is so nice that my birthday is coming up at the same time. :-D If you have any ideas for me...please let me know. I would love to hear from you! ******


Thanks for reading! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I am thankful you visited my blog today!

I love to read all your comments. Please keep your comments encouraging. Rude comments will be deleted.

Again, thank you!