8.07.2011

Testing Out Some Recipes!


Nana found this awesome little cooking book in a truck stop that had a ton of easy recipes. We tried one out this morning to see just how good the recipes actually are. And I can tell you that I can't wait to try some more out. 


The above picture is of the Quick Mix Cinnamon Rolls. This took about 5-6 minutes to mix up and 10 minutes to bake. They were a big hit with our family! Loved it! Here is the recipe.

2 1/4 cups Bisquick Baking Mix
2/3 cup Milk
2 Tbsp. margarine, softened
2 Tsp. Cinnamon
1 cup Sugar 

Heat oven to 450 F. Stir together baking mix and milk until soft dough forms. Turn onto surface dusted with baking mix. Knead 10 times. Roll dough 1/2 inch thick. Spread surface with margarine. Mix cinnamon and sugar together and sprinkle on dough. Roll into long tube and seal with water. Cut into 1 dozen rolls. Bake 10 minutes! 

That is it! Simple and Easy! I am going to add some of my Tastefully Simple Warm Up! Mulling Spice to add a great taste of Fall! So yummy! 


When we got home this afternoon from taking my grandparents back to the truck stop so they could continue on their way back up to Pa...it was time for lunch. I was going to make some Jalapeno and Cheddar Brats with Homemade Fries but Nathan and I have had the brats 2 other times this week. We needed a change. 


I looked in the fridge and found lots of veggies, cheese and pepperoni. So of course it was easy to decide to make pizza. Problem came when I realized that I did not have any active yeast! Thankfully I found a SUPER EASY recipe for pizza crust with Bisquick! 


So nice since I was able to use the Bisquick in two recipes in one day. All I needed for this recipe was 1 1/2 cup Bisquick and 1/3 very hot water. Mix and then roll out into a pizza dough. Nathan had to help me with this because I could not get it into a circle. It was very nice of him. 


I added purple bell peppers (from a local farmer), basil (from my garden), tomatoes (from Nathan's parents garden), banana pepper (local farmer), pepper jack cheese, sauce and pepperoni! 


So yummy. We even had it for dinner tonight. What have you been cooking?! Share your recipes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I am thankful you visited my blog today!

I love to read all your comments. Please keep your comments encouraging. Rude comments will be deleted.

Again, thank you!