8.31.2011

Homemade Cinnamon Rolls

Yesterday I shared an update on my to do list - more like a baking list - well I have almost completed one task! Make Cinnamon Rolls. But I must tell you...I am not a fan. lol It has been a little challenging and I have be challenging - I read the directions wrong but it worked out in the end! 


I have been searching for a recipe that did not call for an instant vanilla pudding packet because I forgot to purchase this at the store today. I finally found one right before the time I was going to start making the cinnamon rolls! 


Check it out here: Molly's Cinnamon Rolls


This is the dough after I let it rise for 35 minutes. It was very stick even after I covered it in flour and kneaded for a few minutes. I feel like maybe I should have let it rise for another 10 minutes or so but I have learned for next time. 

I rolled the dough out and spread with butter (I only used 4 tbsp) and for the filling I used a package of filling from the Tastefully Simple Cinnamon Melt Muffin Mix. It is the perfect mix of cinnamon and sugar and I did not want it to go to waste! I then topped it with some cinnamon sugar that we have in a grinder! Smells so good! 


I ended up only cutting them into 10 rolls because I wanted them to be a little bit bigger so it doesn't take us as long to eat them! The picture above is after I let them rise a second time! {They are baking in the oven now and smell SO GOOD!}


{I paused to go make the icing to top the cinnamon rolls with!}




Here is the finished product! The icing is still melting and making it's way into the cracks! I do not normally eat cinnamon rolls but I will try one out tomorrow morning! I can't wait! 


(If the recipe turns out as well as they look...I will make more -- maybe for some of my friends and family here in Chattanooga, Tn!) 

1 comment:

  1. They look yummy! I've been thinking of trying this recipe: http://amysfinerthings.com/moms-cinnamon-rolls, but haven't got the courage yet!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I am thankful you visited my blog today!

I love to read all your comments. Please keep your comments encouraging. Rude comments will be deleted.

Again, thank you!