9.10.2011

Spinach & Herb Baked Chicken


For the coming week, I need a healthy lunch/dinner option for Hailey that I could just take out of the fridge and cut up. I recently bought a pack of boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins at Aldi so I decided that they would be great for her. But what to use for the seasoning? 


I did not want to use anything that was spicy or strong...I looked through my spice cabinet and found my amazing Tastefully Simple Spinach and Herb Dip Mix. Don't let the name confuse you. You can make this into a delicious dip but you can use it for many other things! 


I rinsed the chicken and place in a bowl. I then sprinkled the Spinach & Herb Mix on the chicken --- making sure every bit was covered. I then placed it in the fridge (covered) overnight to marinade. 


This afternoon, I baked them in the oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. They were delicious. Next time, I may add a little olive oil while they are marinading but they were great without it. 


Nathan took 2 tenderloins and placed it on buttered, toasted bread then topped them with pepperjack cheese. He placed it in the microwave for about 10 seconds to melt the cheese. All done. 


So delicious! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I am thankful you visited my blog today!

I love to read all your comments. Please keep your comments encouraging. Rude comments will be deleted.

Again, thank you!