Today I have decided to start planning out freezer meals for the month of April. I sure do love Pinterest - it is doing the work for me! Here is what I have:
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken - I am thinking about I can get 2 freezer meals out of this.
- Honey Chipotle Meatballs - I am planning on making 2 batches - each yields 16 meatballs.
- Chicken Tamale Pie - I will make 2 of these pies - 2 dinners plus leftovers for lunch.
- Dr. Pepper Spaghetti - I am thinking 3 meals out of this - add side salad.
- Baked Ziti - I am thinking 3 meals out of this - add side salad.
- Shredded Chicken - 1 whole chicken then divided - 3-4 meals
- Taco Meat - 1 lb makes 2 meals with some leftovers - I will make 2 or 3 lbs.
- Zesty Chicken - 3 meals
- Chicken Pot Pies - 3 pies (from March's menu list - didn't need them)
My running total is 37-38 meals! I may make 2 batches of the orange chicken. :D
After looking over all the ingredients, here is my shopping list:
- 14 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 lbs. ground turkey
- 20 oz. turkey Italian sausage
- 2 whole chickens or bone in chicken breasts (whatever is cheaper - I already have one)
- 1 can chipotle in adobe sauce
- mozzarella cheese (2 blocks)
- heavy cream
- 1 can dr. pepper
- Worcestershire sauce
- 2 boxes corn muffin mix
- 2 cans chopped green chilies
- 2 jars red enchilada sauce
- 3 ready made pie crusts plus 3 foil pans
I am super excited to be trying this again. I will start making the meals at the end of this month. I need to clear out some freezer space. :D
Do you have any freezer friendly recipes you would like to share? I would love to hear about them!