3.08.2012

Preparing For April's Menu Plan

Today I have decided to start planning out freezer meals for the month of April. I sure do love Pinterest - it is doing the work for me! Here is what I have: 




- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken - I am thinking about I can get 2 freezer meals out of this. 


- Honey Chipotle Meatballs - I am planning on making 2 batches - each yields 16 meatballs. 


- Chicken Tamale Pie -  I will make 2 of these pies - 2 dinners plus leftovers for lunch. 


- Dr. Pepper Spaghetti - I am thinking 3 meals out of this - add side salad. 


- Baked Ziti - I am thinking 3 meals out of this - add side salad.   


- Shredded Chicken - 1 whole chicken then divided - 3-4 meals


- Taco Meat - 1 lb makes 2 meals with some leftovers - I will make 2 or 3 lbs. 


- Zesty Chicken - 3 meals 


- Chicken Pot Pies - 3 pies (from March's menu list - didn't need them) 




My running total is 37-38 meals! I may make 2 batches of the orange chicken. :D 


After looking over all the ingredients, here is my shopping list: 


- 14 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 lbs. ground turkey
- 20 oz. turkey Italian sausage
- 2 whole chickens or bone in chicken breasts (whatever is cheaper - I already have one)
- 1 can chipotle in adobe sauce
- mozzarella cheese (2 blocks)
- heavy cream
- 1 can dr. pepper 
- Worcestershire sauce
- 2 boxes corn muffin mix
- 2 cans chopped green chilies 
- 2 jars red enchilada sauce
- cilantro 
- 3 ready made pie crusts plus 3 foil pans 




I am super excited to be trying this again. I will start making the meals at the end of this month. I need to clear out some freezer space. :D 


Do you have any freezer friendly recipes you would like to share? I would love to hear about them! 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I am thankful you visited my blog today!

I love to read all your comments. Please keep your comments encouraging. Rude comments will be deleted.

Again, thank you!