4.28.2013

Getting Ready For My May Challenge!


Last week, I shared about my May challenge - check it out here. I am getting so excited to get my creative juices flowing. haha

I took some time today to write down what I have in the freezers, cupboards and closet (pantry.)

Here is my list:

Freezers:

cube steak
beef liver (yuck!)
chuck roast
rib steaks
filet mignon
deer sausage
deer hams
deer meat (ground)
diced chicken
cornish hen
shredded chicken (2 meals)
boneless, skinless chicken (2.5 lbs - antibiotic and hormone free)
boca burgers (4 boxes)

black beans
tomatoes
grapes
bananas
peans and carrots
edamame
corn
strawberries/blueberries
shredded potatoes

pita bread
2 rudi's bread
sandwich bread
cookies
coconut fruit bars

bread flour
whole wheat flour (local)
chocolate chips
tortilla wraps

Cupboards/Closet-pantry: 

brown rice
whole wheat pasta
corn pasta
brown rice flour pasta
regular pasta
black beans
lentils
white rice
barley
pasta sides
mixed beans (2 bags)

pasta sauce
cream sauce
recipe starters (progresso)
velvetta meal kits

cereal
oatmeal (old fashioned/quick oats)
brown rice flour
gluten free cornbread mix
gluten free all purpose flour
regular all purpose flour
gluten free pancake mix
sugar
brown sugar
confectioner's sugar
cake/cookie mixes
tastefully simple mixes
all kinds of spices

bean soup
kidney beans
green beans
pineapple
applesauce
sweet potatoes
raisins
nuts (peanuts and walnuts)
coffee

juice
fruit snacks
animal crackers (small amount)
saltine crackers
organic rice milk
coffee
iced coffee
regular tea
cocoa mixes


In the fridge now: 

1/4 gallon of whole milk and 2% milk
{Harper has been moved to Toddler formula for the time being - we think she has a milk intolerance}
apples
oranges
spinach
multi colored peppers
tomatoes on the vine
bananas (on the counter)
condiments
coffee creamer
Kraft Fresh Taste mixes
crescent rolls
pepperoni
pepper jack cheese (few slices for dinner)
butter
sour cream
eggs
chili beans and hot dogs thawing for meals this week


I would say this is a nice list to get us through the month of May. i would like to spend no more than $50 on fresh fruit and vegetables, eggs and milk.

What do you think? Can I do it?

Let me know if you have any ideas for me to use!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I am thankful you visited my blog today!

I love to read all your comments. Please keep your comments encouraging. Rude comments will be deleted.

Again, thank you!