9.20.2013

Becoming a Better Homemaker

I have a lot of friends that tell me how amazing it is that I am able to get some many things done while being a stay at home mom. Things like couponing, gardening, making dinners from scratch, canning, cleaning, ect.

to be honest...I do not do these things all the time. Nathan has come home to a messy house (especially his bathroom. lol) and we eat out more times than I would like to count. The garden has gone unwatered many days but thankful it hasn't died. lol

I really haven't been on top of my homemaker duties until a couple weeks ago.

So what changed?

I am out of the house more and I started to workout almost every day! Some people are probably thinking -- how does that work?! haha

For me, this has helped SO much! I am up early ready to start the day. I make breakfast, pack lunches and get everyone out the door on time (thankfully.) Hailey is in school twice a week so Harper and I are able to get things done more easily.

Then I can be home for awhile to sit down, plan out our meal plan and even wash a couple loads of laundry. I pick up Hailey at 2 pm Tuesdays and Thursdays so when we get home from that I start to get dinner set out, chopped up or whatever I have to do.

Once dinner has been served, I immediately clean up. The girls can watch cartoons or play until I am finished...then it is bath time.

{Bath time: this is not something I am accustomed to doing - this is Nathan's thing. BUT now that he is working two jobs and going to school I started doing it.}

Giving the girls a bath almost every night has been great. It has helped them go to sleep easier. No major tantrums so far. (Praise the Lord!)

I am able now able to have the time to pick up toys, sippy cups and dirty clothes around the house. This puts me in a great mood - it makes me WANT TO WORKOUT! lol I am currently in week 3 of Slim in 6 program. I am loving it!

So amazing how a clean house, clean little ones sleeping is helping me get a workout in at night.

I have also been reading a book called Dinner: A Love Story (check it out here.) It has been a great help for me to change my mind set. To think about what is really important to me.

I want to be a better homemaker. I am becoming a better homemaker.

My days have become more fulfilling.

I want to give my family a clean house to live in, delicious food that doesn't come from a box and I want to be healthy for them.

I want to become more like my Nana and my mother in law. They are great examples of what an amazing homemaker looks like.

I still have a LONG way to go...especially since I have only been doing good for the past two weeks. haha

I want my friends to know that it may look like I do a lot but that isn't completely true. Ask Nathan. haha

My Goals:

1. Make dinner every night.
2. Keep my kitchen clean!
3. Expand my garden for next year.
4. Get the girls to bed at their normal times - bathed with clothes set out for the day.
5. Work on my Bible study each night (not at the last minute.)
6. Workout at least 5 times a week. (more to come on my workout journey)

and finally...

7. Be a better wife and mother.

These things are so easy when I put the work in and with the Lord giving me strength.

how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I am thankful you visited my blog today!

I love to read all your comments. Please keep your comments encouraging. Rude comments will be deleted.

Again, thank you!