2.14.2014

Easy Brownies with Chocolate Frosting


I love impromptu dinner plans - my in laws came over for dinner last night. :D I was texting  my mil and thought it would be cool if they could come eat dinner with us since I was making Pumpkin Ravioli with a Béchamel Sauce (recipe from yummly.com) - they said yes! (And brought a great salad.)

I began preparing for our dinner - getting all my spices and butter out. Plus making a mental note of each step needed to make everything....then I had a thought....What is for DESSERT?! So important!

I grabbed my new favorite cookbook - from a little church in Rock Spring, Ga. I found this recipe - Easy Brownies. So simple and SO DELICIOUS!

I had to share it with you all! I must tell you though...it is not healthy but it is so worth it!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Easy Brownies

1 cup sugar
3 lg. tbsp cocoa, unsweetened
1/8 cup flour
2 eggs
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla

{I omitted the salt since I used regular stick butter.}

Blend sugar and cocoa. Add eggs and butter. Mix in the flour and salt. Stir in vanilla. Spread in a greased 8x8'' pan. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes at 350 F.

Chocolate Frosting 

1 cup sifted powdered sugar
3 tbsp cocoa, unsweetened
3 tbsp melted butter
1 tbsp fat free milk

In a small mixing bowl, blend the powdered sugar and cocoa. Add the melted butter and milk; mix well and spread on warm brownies. Cool and cut in squares.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{This recipe was written by Barbara Tate. I omitted the salt in the brownies since I used regular butter and I cut the brownies into 16 squares. This is 5 WW Plus Points for one small square.}

Everyone loved these brownies. The little square was just enough...it was especially good paired with a cup of decaf coffee. I will be making these again in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I am thankful you visited my blog today!

I love to read all your comments. Please keep your comments encouraging. Rude comments will be deleted.

Again, thank you!