1.22.2011

A Second Publix Trip

The deals were so good this week I had to go back! Mrs. Joy (Nathan's mom) and I went together while Mr. John (Nathan's dad) watched Hailey. I waited four days to go back so other couponers could get in on the deals.

Here is a picture of part of my new grocery store (haha):
Of course, this is just the baby food that Mrs. Joy and I bought. Total of 100 jars of baby food @ $0.17 each  I was so excited because this will keep us stocked up until around March! Of course, I will be keeping my eye out for more deals like this one!

I also bought two Kraft Macaroni and Cheese Dinners, two Ragu Sauces, three Idahoan Mashed Potatoes, two Country Crock Butter, Canola Oil, 1/2 gallon milk and four boxes of Special K!

Total Cost: $21.55  

So happy and I still stayed within my Grocery Budget! I have budgeted $150 for the month and that does include Hailey's baby food/formula and toiletries. I know what you are thinking....How do you do that?!

1. Make a list of what I have in my pantry.
2. Browse the Sale Ads for items I could purchase to make complete meals with what is already there.
3. Visit SOUTHERN SAVERS to see what coupons are available to make the sale items the lowest cost and/or FREE.
4. I then make a list with three or four columns (depending on how many stores I plan on shopping at) to write out what items I would like to purchase and where.
5. I then print, cut and organize my coupons. Also, make sure you do not have expired coupons in your coupon holder...it is sad when you are at the store and think you can get a great deal only to find out that the coupon is expired! And yes, this happened to me today!
6. GO SHOPPING AND GET THE DEALS!

I love to get most of our groceries at Aldi; love low prices! Then for deals on toiletries, baby food/formula and other food items I go to Walmart, Target, and Rite Aid. Occasionally, I will visit Walgreens, CVS, and Earth Fare.

For a coupon organizer, visit Grandma's Little Lilly! I have ordered two from her already! And for more help on how to save on your groceries leave me a comment.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I am thankful you visited my blog today!

I love to read all your comments. Please keep your comments encouraging. Rude comments will be deleted.

Again, thank you!