4.20.2011

Getting my gardening plans together

Planning a garden has been pretty time consuming. I have tons of seeds that I can plant. 8 kinds of tomatoes, 7 kinds of lettuce, kale, collards, beans, cucumbers, zucchini, leeks, radishes, okra, sweet corn, pumpkin, chicory, banana peppers, jalapeno peppers, green peppers, habanero peppers, and onions. 

While I was in Augusta I bought a few basic packages of seeds to start my garden with. Then I found a deal (thanks to http://www.moneysavingmom.com/) offered by http://www.seedsofchange.com/. I purchased $75 worth of assorted seed packets for $4.99 shipped to my house. This was the mother load of vegetables and even flowers! This is why I have so many options but I would like to try to grow as many as I can because I will be sharing with friends and family.

Today I have been planning out my shopping list for the supplies I will need to make this garden happen. My brother in law, David, gave me a great idea of how to build my raised beds and still use some of the dirt from the ground in order to not pay as much out of pocket. If I actually built it the way I wanted it...we would be broke. haha

I plan on going to go out to Lowes tonight with Nathan and Hailey. Hopefully, we can figure out what the most cost efficent way to complete this project will be. I am a deal finder so hopefully this will not be too costly.

We also need to put up a fence. There are a lot of stray animals that roam around at night and I do not want them to mess with our food. Also, I said I would like to share but I don't really want to share with the whole neighborhood. :D

I will let you know what we find out. If anyone would like to come help me with this project let me know! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I am thankful you visited my blog today!

I love to read all your comments. Please keep your comments encouraging. Rude comments will be deleted.

Again, thank you!