7.05.2011

A great time to Spring Clean!!!

With Hailey's birthday party coming up on Saturday, Nathan and I have decided that it is a great time to go through our house and re-organize, purge of items we not longer need and re-decorate some rooms. I am so excited about this!  


We started yesterday before we headed over to Nathan's parents for lunch. We had a small breakfast and some coffee and headed into our bedroom. Nathan had pulled out all the boxes in our closet and we went through them. At first, my "get rid of" pile was very small. Most of what I had in the closet (in a storage container) was maternity clothes that a friend and I share. I could not get rid of any of it!!!! Especially since we would like to have more little ones! 


Anyways, Nathan had a huge stack of clothes to get rid of and mine was still small. That was until I went through my dresser drawers! I had a bunch of clothes in there that did not fit me anymore and/or that I did not want. It was nice to get rid of old clothes (well old too me) and hang up my new ones I purchased at Coldwater Creek and Target. (Yes...they were still in the box...well all but 2 things. hehe)


We ended up taking 4 bags of clothes and other things to the Teen Challenge pick up truck! When we came home from lunch we began to clean our bedroom some more. Nathan wanted to move his desk into our bedroom and take out one of my dressers which went into our middle room. It looks so much better already. 


We have a lot of things to do...tonight we will be re-arranging out living room and cleaning out the middle room closet. I am so excited to have this done! We will also be heading to Lowe's for a few things to add storage in our laundry room and things for my garden. (Miracle Grow!!!!) 


Another project I started was moving my stockpile to one location! It took me a little bit to figure out where I was going to place it but finally decided last night that I would move it to Hailey's closet. She has a walk in closet with tons of storage shelves. She only has things on half of the closet so I am using the other half. Here are two pictures of my progress so far! 





This is still a work in progress. I am trying to find all of the products I stocked up on. They are just randomly placed around the house where I could fit them! haha 


What do you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I am thankful you visited my blog today!

I love to read all your comments. Please keep your comments encouraging. Rude comments will be deleted.

Again, thank you!