8.21.2011

Birthday Dinner and Cake!


For my birthday, I wanted to make Homemade BBQ Chicken Pizza! I had the ingredients for the dough and the bbq sauce. Mrs. Joy made the chicken and brought the cheese, onion and bacon bits. 


I use the recipe from Crystal @ moneysavingmom.com. Here is the link: Homemade Pizza (In Less Than 30 minutes)! This is the best recipe that I have used! It is so easy and absolutely delicious! Every time I have made this, I get rave reviews! 


This time I put everything in my Kitchen Aid Mixer with the Dough Hook! I loved it! The dough was so easy to roll out...there have been times where I kneaded it by hand but it was a little rough...I did not have this problem with using the dough hook. It was also easier to clean up! Who wouldn't like that?!  


My friend Jessica and mother in law, Mrs. Joy also loved how it turned out! We added bbq sauce (free), shredded chicken, mozzarella cheese, bacon bits and chopped onion (only on 1/2 of one pizza)! That was it! It took us about 30 minutes to get both pizzas done! I baked both at the same time...but I switched them around (from top to the bottom) after 7 minutes of baking. I then baked them for 7 more minutes! Perfect! 




This is a picture of the cake Mrs. Joy and I made yesterday. All from scratch! It was my first time every doing this but it was a lot of fun! I know most people do not make their own birthday cake (or dinner) but I wanted to try something new! I needed to learn how to do this   for the future...aka lots of kids birthdays are in my future! lol 


This is a Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting topped with Chocolate Ganache! It was AMAZING! Nathan's cousin Mary made this for us when we were in Virginia...she is 16 (I think)! She gave us the recipe since she could not make it for me. lol 


I love it and we have half of the cake leftover! It is pure deliciousness! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I am thankful you visited my blog today!

I love to read all your comments. Please keep your comments encouraging. Rude comments will be deleted.

Again, thank you!