8.12.2011

Cow Pick Up!!!


Now this picture does not show how much different cuts of meat are in our freezer now but let me tell you it is a great amount. 


Today, Mrs. Joy and I headed to the processing plant in Flinstone, Ga (about 20 min. away) to pick up our half cow! Our portion was somewhere between 250-300 lbs! Here is a break down of what my half looks like:


- 48 lbs ground beef
- 4 sirloin steaks
- 6 cube steaks
- 4 t bone steaks
- 2 chuck roasts
- 4 rib steaks
- 1 rump roast
- 1 shoulder roast
- 2 sirloin tip steaks
- 7 lbs beef stew
- 2 lbs beef livers 


This is pretty much the same list that Mrs. Joy and Mr. John received. I am super excited about having this meat because I will be able to try a lot of different recipes...especially since we have the charcoal grill! 


* This is also grass fed beef. What could be better than that?! Love it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I am thankful you visited my blog today!

I love to read all your comments. Please keep your comments encouraging. Rude comments will be deleted.

Again, thank you!