8.13.2011

Dust Off That Jack LaLanne Power Juicer!


While Nathan's mom and I were out yesterday, we saw that Mountain Farms opened up a Market (store). Once we had picked up the meat and headed back to my house...we decided to make a quick stop and see what they had to offer. 


They had TONS of fruits and vegetables to choose from...even soaps, drinks, and more. I ended up buying a small container of about 5 peaches - $2.67 and Mrs. Joy bought 6 ears of corn (4 peaches and cream and 2 Silver Queen) - $3.21. We had to pay tax since it was inside a building and since there were multiple farmers products being sold. 


I was very pleased with the variety and quality of the items they had to offer. I will definitely be going back to purchase some fruits and vegetables! (Purple okra and bell peppers)


Anyways...I got a little side tracked to what this post is really about. I was thinking of different ways to use the peaches I bought along with the strawberries and blueberries we had in the house. I didn't want them to go bad before I got to use them so I said I could make juice! 


I have had my Jack LaLanne Juicer for over 2 years now and I haven't not used it as much as I should. But this morning I was determined to use it! We woke up later than normal...Hailey slept in until 10:45! It was amazing! Making this juice was perfect because it made for a very quick breakfast! 


In each glass, I used 2 peaches (4 total), 8 strawberries (16 total) and 1 handful blueberries (1.5 cups total). The glass on the left was made with frozen strawberries (thawed out) and the other was made with fresh strawberries.


As you can see...there is a difference in color. I have determined that using fresh fruit will give you better juice quality. Both tasted great but the one on the right had a stronger strawberry flavor. 


You can also save the pulp to use for baking or healthy frozen treats even compost! I forgot about this but I will remember for next time. I would love to learn how to make muffins or breads using the leftover pulp. (Place in a ziploc freezer bag until you have enough pulp to cook with).


Do you have a juicer? What are your recipes? 

























Here is a link if you would like to purchase your own! Many options of size and prices! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I am thankful you visited my blog today!

I love to read all your comments. Please keep your comments encouraging. Rude comments will be deleted.

Again, thank you!