8.30.2011

Update on our Grocery Budget

Photo Credit 
This month, I had a goal of only spending $100 for groceries (this does not include our toiletries). Unfortunately, I did not factor in how much my little growing daughter would eat. lol I will say that I am okay with not reaching this goal because I did not go too much over! 

Normally, our budget is $150-175 per month for our family of 3. I have found that I can stock up on the non-perishable items that go on sale with coupons and then buy the bulk of our groceries at Aldi and Farmer's Markets. I can also factor in that we saved up for the purchase of our 1/4 of cow and have a small garden plus what is given to us from our family. 

{Side note: having a small garden has been such a huge blessing. It does not take up too much space in the yard and is easy to manage when you keep it simple. I have learned many things for next year and hope to have a better garden but I am proud of what I grew this year.}

Now for the main reason you are reading this post...

For the month of August, we spent about $138.00! This does include $10 worth of fruits for a work break/gathering at Nathan's work tomorrow. 

I am so happy and proud that I can keep our budget low while still eating healthy and not sacrificing foods we love! I have even become more creative in meals that I serve! Lots of fun and I always love a challenge!  

How did you do this month?! I would love to hear! 


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a awesome job! I am a new reader, and I have to tell you, I love your blog! I recently decided to put our family of three, this includes a two year old, on a budget of $50 a week. This is for food, toiletries, paper and cleaning products AND diapers! I hope I can do it! We live in Tennessee too, so our prices should be pretty much be the same as they are for you. Good luck as you continue your frugal, simply adventure. I'll be following along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Welcome to my blog! I am so excited to have you following me now! Good luck on your budget. It can get a little tricky but don't give up! I know you can do it!

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I am thankful you visited my blog today!

I love to read all your comments. Please keep your comments encouraging. Rude comments will be deleted.

Again, thank you!