9.05.2011

Homemade Zucchini Bread


Late last night, my Nana and I finally were able to make some zucchini bread! We had to call my Aunt Margaret for her recipe...since it is so yummy and easy! Half of one loaf is already gone! 


Zucchini Bread Recipe:


- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil (substitute 1/2 cup of applesauce for 1/2 of the oil)

{cream those together first}


- 3 cups zucchini shredded/grated
- 2 tsp vanilla extract 


{mix these into the eggs, sugar and oil mixture}


- 3 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp cinnamon 


{mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl, then slowly add to the first mixture} 



- 1 cup crushed walnuts

{fold in to the batter}

Pour evenly in two greased loaf pans and bake for 50-55 minutes at 350 F. 


------------------------------------------


My family likes to let it cool for a few minutes, cut a few slices and top with butter! It is so delicious right out of the oven! 


I think the next time I make this recipe (which will be soon) I will use brown sugar, applesauce and whole wheat flour. 


Let me know what other ideas you have!  

2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! I've been wanting to make some zucchini bread for a while now. I've never made it before, maybe I'll give your recipe a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oat flour has a better taste for baked goods and is also whole grain. I've tried it in my oatmeal bread and my cobbler so far.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I am thankful you visited my blog today!

I love to read all your comments. Please keep your comments encouraging. Rude comments will be deleted.

Again, thank you!