11.17.2011

Taco Soup

Yesterday, I shared with you my weekly meal plan. Last night...I made Taco Soup - I looked in my pantry to see what I had and I had everything to make this recipe. It was so yummy. I am going to share this recipe with you...I have made it my own with the help of my friends Nina and Robin who gave me different recipes for Taco Soup awhile ago. 


Taco Soup:


- 3 cans beans (I use 1 large can pinto beans & 1 small can black beans)
- 1 can yellow corn
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 packet taco seasoning 
- 1 lb browned ground beef (I added 1/4 cup water and 2 tsp. taco seasoning to add extra flavor.)


Brown ground beef with taco seasoning and water. While that is cooking, all other ingredients  to your crock pot. Add ground beef and let cook on high for 2 hours. You can also do this on the stove...bring to a boil and then simmer for 30 minutes. 


Top with cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips. Enjoy! 

1 comment:

  1. I make the vegetarian version of this recipe. It's one of our favorites! We top it with cucumbers, avocado, onion, cheese, sour cream and Fritos. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I am thankful you visited my blog today!

I love to read all your comments. Please keep your comments encouraging. Rude comments will be deleted.

Again, thank you!