Good morning! Hailey and I are sitting at the kitchen table eating breakfast and listening to Christmas music - with my Autumn Sunset in the Scentsy Warmer - making our house smell like the holidays! Amazing! Love days like this!
Yesterday was the day to FINAL go grocery shopping. Last month, I went over our budget by a little bit (like $15) so I really wanted to stretch what we had in our pantry...we made it to December 1st! lol I was still happy.
Hailey and I had to run a special errand for Nathan - we sold some of his xbox games at McKay's which is on the other side of town...I am always only about 10 minutes from there on Thursdays so it was a perfect day. We made $21 (and some change) plus $8 (and some change) in trade credit to use at the store later to purchased used books, cds, dvds, games or whatever. Great place.
Anyways...before we headed to McKay's I decided to stop by the Discount Bakery. I do not get to stop by here that often so I had to go see what deals they had on bread were and I was very happy. Here is a breakdown of my purchase:
- 1 Nature's Own Honey Wheat Buns .99
- 1 Nature's Own Whole Wheat Hot Dog Buns .99
- 1 Nature's Own Honey Wheat Sandwich Bread .99
- 1 Nature's Own Healthy Multigrain Bread .99
- 1 Nature's Own Honey Wheat Bread .99
Total Spent OOP: $4.95 plus tax
I was so happy because I was able to stock up (all the bread is in the freezer) for the next 2 months. (i have half a loaf open right now plus had one in the freezer.) Can't beat those prices...especially not having to use coupons with a sale.
After we sold the xbox games, it was time to pick Nathan up from work. His work is near the Aldi so I said I would pick him up before I went. I like when he comes sometimes so I don't forget anything. He even found a great deal on pizzas for me. Here is a breakdown of what we purchased:
- flour tortillas .99
- 3 grapefruits .99 (on sale for .33 each :D)
- iceburg lettuce .99
- garden salad bag .99
- 10 lb russet potatoes 2.99
- 2 cans corn .59
- 1 can black beans .55
- sour cream 1.29
- 1 can tomato paste .39
- 2 four meat pizzas 6.98 (on sale for 3.49! super excited...great find by nathan!)
- 1 can butter beans .69 (trying these - hailey)
- 1 pasta entree .99
- 1 chicken pasta .69 (small bag for me...love prego cravings)
- 2 boxes lean pockets 3.78
- french toast sticks 1.99
- frozen waffles 1.29
- shells and cheese 1.29
- shredded cheese 2.99
- thin wheat crackers 1.29
- baby carrots .99
- 3 lb navel oranges 1.99
- 3 lb tangerines 1.49
- 1 lb sliced lunchmeat 3.29
- premium bacon 3.29 (we have tested all the bacon and this is the best one!)
- frozen berries 2.99
- yogurt tubes 1.99
- pickles 1.29 (of course, for me -- bread and butter)
- 4 pk. fruit bowls 1.59
- eggs 1.59
- 4 different cans of veggies for Food Bank (trailer outside of store collecting) 2.38
Total OOP: $53.33 plus tax
I am very happy with our grocery purchases yesterday. We spent $62.76 and have $87.24 left to spend for the month. Doing pretty good! I am planning for most of these groceries to last me two weeks and I am trying to save some of the money for food on our trip to Pennsylvania!
My goal is to only spend $50 for the rest of the month so that will leave us with about $37. I already have a free drink coupon from Pilot and a $10 gas gift card. I also purchased the Living Social Deal from yesterday 50% off McDonald's - 5 Big Macs and 5 Large Fries voucher booklet for $13. I can use the sandwich and fries coupons - plus nathan can use a fry coupon which will make our oop less on the trip. This is a Christmas stocking present for me from Nathan...except I bought it. lol
Anyways, how are you doing on your grocery budget for the month? What are your goals? Please share!