1.22.2012

Aldi Shopping Trip 1/22


Well...I went over our monthly budget and I am okay with that. We wouldn't have if we would have not shopped at Publix the first week of the month. Spent way more that I would have at Aldi but I learned my lesson! 


Hailey and I have been eating A LOT of fruits and veggies (more so than normal) - by themselves and in smoothies/juices. Pretty great thing to be craving. :D I did not buy to many items...just what we needed. Here is a breakdown: 


- Red Potatoes $1.49
- Frozen Strawberries $3.49
- Oranges $1.99
- Granny Smith Apples $2.49
- 32 oz Vanilla Yogurt $1.99 
- 6 ct Danimals Smoothies $1.99 (for little miss hailey)
- 8 oz Cheddar Cheese $1.99 
- Tortilla Chips $1.19
- Vegetable Straws $1.69 (for little miss hailey)
- Kids Krunch Cereal $1.89 (for nathan)
- Onions $0.99 


Total Spent: $21.39 plus tax




All in all, we did pretty great this month. We only went over by about $12.50 which I can for sure live with! Next month is another month...another 29 days to keep our grocery budget under $150. I may add a little to that if need be since Hailey and I are both eating a lot more these days but I really feel like $150 is enough. 


How did you do this month? Did you reach your goals? I would love to hear! 



2 comments:

  1. Going over by only $12.50 is very good! Some months, we have gone over by a LOT. This month, we have not yet gone over, but we might this coming weekend. We have $80 or so left, but I think we're going to end up spending about $90.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I remember when we would go over by a lot and I did not particularly like it because I was using up money we could have used on fun activities. I am happy where we are this month. Nathan said hopefully we won't have to go to the store again but if we do that is okay. I will survive. haha Good luck on your shopping trip!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I am thankful you visited my blog today!

I love to read all your comments. Please keep your comments encouraging. Rude comments will be deleted.

Again, thank you!