2.20.2012

Weekly Menu Plan - 2/20

Photo Credit 

It is that time again - time to share with you what are weekly menu plan is! I am very excited about this one because I have already completed one day! A northern made southern comfort food this evening! 

Breakfasts: cereal, yogurt, fruit, waffles, eggs and toast

Lunches: sandwiches, cookies, chips - veggies, fruits, pasta

Dinner Plan

monday - Country fried steak and mashed potatoes 

tuesday - quiche with fruit and yogurt 

wednesday - spaghetti with meat sauce - fresh bread - taking dinner to a friend's house

thursday - minestrone soup with grilled cheese sandwiches

friday - bbq chicken pizza 



-------------------------------------------------------------

I am also working on a master menu list for the next month. I have been reading Wholesome Womanhood - Melinda and Carrie have a wonderful blog! I found it from a guest post on Money Saving Mom - a must read! It is about "Saving Money by Simplifying Meal Planning." 

For the month of March, I will have our budget set at $100 and I will use $50 for stocking up. I have a long list of meals that I can make already - I am trying to get a whole month's worth. 

When I am finished I will share it with you! Can't wait! 

Let me know what you think about the guest post from Wholesome Womanhood! 

6 comments:

  1. I read that post as well and really enjoyed it. It's a good idea, and I hope it works well for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to try the same weekly meal plan for the month thing in April. I have enough stuff for lots of different meals instead of the same thing. I went over our budget this month (only by a little) so March is going to be a stock up month. :D

      Delete
  2. Good luck on your meal plan! When I was pregnant with my second, I really concentrated on stocking up on freezer meals, and it was a life-saver for us when I had a baby. I have a deep freezer, and I had enough dinners to last through the first two months. I'm totally doing it again when we have another baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great idea! I should probably do that too. We have a deep freezer as well. I will have to ask my husband what type of meals he would like! Thanks for the idea!

      Delete
  3. Hi Carlye,

    Thanks so much for sharing your menu plan! I was wondering if you could post your recipe for quiche? It sounds like it would be good and I've never made one. Thanks!

    Lindsey Goss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lindsey! Here is a link http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Quiche/ - I just use it as a guide line. You can change the cheese and toppings. Thanks so much for reading!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I am thankful you visited my blog today!

I love to read all your comments. Please keep your comments encouraging. Rude comments will be deleted.

Again, thank you!