3.31.2012

Busy Day - Lots of Shopping while Saving Money!

I did something that I normally never do in one day but I had deals ending today and the coupons were expiring. Also, my best friend Nina was with me so it was lots of quality time together. 


What did I do? I went shopping at 6 different stores. It was crazy but tons of fun. Here is a look at what I got! 




Target Shopping Trip
Total Spent: $10.08 plus tax 

Total Saved: $54.96 or 85% 

Publix Shopping Trip
Total Spent: $6.97 plus tax

Total Saved: $9.30 or 57% 

{I used a BOGO coupon for the creamer plus $0.75 off one. I also had a FREE coupon for the Kraft Fresh Take.} 

CVS Shopping Trip
Total Spent: $0.37 plus tax - received $2 ecbs

Total Saved: $38.57 or 99% Whoot! 

{I used a rain check from last week on the Olay - on sale $3.99 - coupons used: (2) Buy One Facial Cleanser Get One Body Wash Free and a $3.00/2 Olay coupon for the facial cleansers. The Disney Princess watches were on clearance for $0.69 each!!! I got the last two. I used $5.99 in ecbs to help pay for the order. GREAT DEALS!} 

Aldi Shopping Trip
Total Spent: $15.89 plus tax 

Total Saved: $13 or 55%

(this is a guess - based upon the prices I saw at Walmart for these items.) 

Walmart Shopping Trip 
Total Spent: $18.16 plus tax

Total Saved: $16.76 or 48% 

{I price matched the Kotex liners to Walgreens $2 used $1 off coupon, 2 Colgate toothbrushes to CVS $0.99 each used (2) $1 off coupons and used (2) $2/2 Glade coupons.}

Bi Lo Shopping Trip
Total Spent: $5.72 plus tax

Total Saved: $17.70 or 76% 

{I had 4 bi lo e-coupons added to my card - $4/4 Kellogg's cereal, $0.99 off pepsi next (made it free), $0.51 off mustard and $0.50 off chex mix. I also used (2) $0.60 off chex mix (doubled) and (1) $0.30 off mustard (doubled).} 


All total I spent: $59.52 plus tax but I saved: $150.29 or an average of 71%!!! 


This makes me so happy! I got a few Easter gifts for Hailey, birthday presents for other children and some games we can play as a family. I also got food for us to eat! haha I love that I can add to my stockpile while saving lots of money! 


Grocery Spending For April: $47.13 

{Our grocery budget does not include baby items or toiletries.} 


-------------------------------------------------

How did you do this weekend? I would love to hear! 

















2 comments:

  1. You shopped Target, right? :) I got a few toy deals too. Nothing like your savings but I got some awesome gifts for kids' Birthdays in the family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the games were from Target. They didn't have everything that I wanted to get but I was okay with that. I liked what I got.

      That is great that you were able to get some gifts! I never really thought about stockpiling on birthday gifts but it makes a lot of sense!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I am thankful you visited my blog today!

I love to read all your comments. Please keep your comments encouraging. Rude comments will be deleted.

Again, thank you!