Publix Shopping Trip - Saved 72%
Now this was one crazy shopping trip! Two great things was that we saw Nathan's mom and one of our friend's parents. It was a nice surprise. :D
I had my entire list planned out but what I did not take into account was the date! I did not realize that I was looking at the expired Yellow Advantage Flyer - new one started the 17th! I printed out a bunch of coupons that I couldn't use - hopefully there will be deals that I can use them on but I had to make due with the coupons I had as back up while still keeping my out of pocket low.
Here is a breakdown:
- 1 gallon milk 3.89
- 3 cans of almonds 4.79
- 2 almond milks (8 oz) 2.00
- 2 boxes raisin bran (23 oz) 7.58
- 1 box crunchy nut 2.50
- 1 beech nut goodies 2.09
- 1 publix baby wipes 1.75
- 4 steam bag green beans 3.96
- 1 large pack strawberries 3.29
$5 off $25 purchase (Fresh Market - competitor)
FREE Gallon of Milk (printable - Facebook offer)
FREE Beech Nut Product
(2) $1.50 off Kellogg's Raisin Bran (yellow advantage flyer)
$1/2 off Kellogg's Raisin Bran (coupon from cereal box last year)
$0.70 off Crunchy Nut cereal (printable from coupons.com)
(2) $0.55 off Silk Almond Milk 8 oz (printable from coupons.com)
(3) $1.00 off Blue Diamond Almonds (SS 1/29 - got from my sister in law - so thankful!)
Total Due after coupons: $12.07 plus tax
Total Saved: $30.71 or 72%
We did have to go back to the store to get a refund for the gallon of milk - the coupon for the free milk did not subtract off. I didn't notice it until we were about to stop at Dunkin' Donuts for free coffee. (Didn't get coffee though - saved it for later.)
Lesson to be learned: Make sure you have a back up plan! I am very thankful that I had my extra coupons just in case. It took me a few minutes to gather my thoughts and make a plan but it was so worth it! I only spent under $2 more so it was pretty awesome!
I also got a $5 pack of coupons from one of the boxes of Raisin Bran! Here is what I got:
- $1.00 off 3 pks. Pop Tarts
- $1.00 off Minute Maid Orange Juice
- $1.00 off fresh fruit when you buy 3 boxes Kellogg's cereal (wish I would have had this.)
- $1.00 off three boxes select Kellogg's cereal
- $1.00 off two boxes Raisin Bran cereal
And they do not expire until March 31, 2013!!! I will use all of these coupons by then so more savings for me!
How did you do this weekend?