Today was a must to go to the grocery store - I was trying to hold off as long as I could. So this morning, I took Hailey and Eden to Aldi.
It was stressful! And only because of my little daughter, Hailey. Eden was great. Nathan said it was good practice. haha
Here is what I purchased at Aldi:
- 10 lb Russett Potatoes $1.99
- Light Sour Cream $0.99
- 1 can black beans $0.55
- Sweet Potatoes $0.89
- Iceburg Lettuce $0.99
- Gallon Whole Milk $2.99
- Eggs $1.39
- 5 yogurts $0.39 each
- Cheez-its $1.89
- Celery $0.49
- Shredded Mozzarella $2.99
- Fajita Kit $1.09
- Strawberries $1.99 (eek! these were $0.79 last week!)
Total Due: $20.19 plus tax
Tonight, Hailey and I headed out to Publix to score some deals. Here is what we got:
- 2 Vans Waffles (gluten free) $3.15
- 3 lg. Prego Sauces $5.48
- 2 Lysol Toilet Bowl Cleaners $2.29 (used $0.50/2 q -doubled to $1.00)
- 2 Goldfish bags $2.39
- 2 Velveeta Skillets $2.99 (used (2) $0.50 q - doubled to $1.00 each)
- 2 Silk milks $2.00 (used (2) $0.55 q)
- 8 Kraft Fresh Taste $11.96 (used (2) BOGO q and (4) $1.50/2 q = ALL FREE!!)
- Used $5/$30 Publix q
Total Due: $9.18 plus tax
Total Saved: $49.66 or 84%!!!
I had $1.00 off q's for the vans waffles but forgot my Publix does not take Whole Foods as a competitor anymore. They also did not have any Clif Crunch Bars. And prices were lower than I had planned so I had to add the 3 prego sauces to get over $30. I was okay with that though since they were the large jars.
- In other news, Sam's Club reinbursed me $24.05 for the boneless, skinless chicken breasts that I purchased last month. I asked if there was anything they could do for me since we had to throw away over 4 meals. I was so grateful that they did this.
Also, CVS sent me $4 ecbs that I did not receive last week for purchasing the Special K deal. I was so excited!