7.10.2012

Meal Plan 7/9

photo.JPG


I was attempting to post this yesterday but I started babysitting again - Hailey is so happy that Eden is back and that her brother Jax is here for the summer. So now I have two 2 year olds, a 6 week old and 7 year old. A handful...if you include the dog. lol 

Yesterday, I sat down at the kitchen table and made a plan for meals this week. I have to be honest...I have not been making a meal plan. I can let it slide a little last week since we were on "vacation" - aka "stay-cation." We ate out a few times and I made whatever sounded good that night. It was fun but now I need a plan. 

I love to have things planned out. I am not as stressed when it comes time for whatever to happen. {Example: I am praising the Lord when I was told I was being induced again with Harper (like I was with Hailey) - I knew when it all was going to happen. I had a deadline for projects in the house...my family knew when to come down. It was amazing!}

Anyways, here is my meal plan for the week! Main groceries came from Aldi, the farmer's market and our pantry. 

Breakfast:
Cereal
Pancakes and bacon (Saturday)
Fruit (need to use up our peaches and I have one mango and one kiwi)
coffee!
Yogurt/Toast
Homemade Granola {Need to make a batch}

{I had a pb&j this morning for breakfast with a cup of coffee. Nathan and Hailey had cereal.}

Lunch:
Turkey and Cheese Sandwiches/Pretzel/Cookies
PB&J Sandwiches/Pretzels/Cookies (mainly Nathan's lunches)
Smoothies (strawberry, peaches and spinach or kale - plus yogurt or milk)
Macaroni and Cheese/Green Beans

Dinner: 
Sweet and Sour Chicken/Rice/Japanese yard beans/Yellow squash/Zucchini (last night)
Brats/Macaroni and Cheese
Hamburgers/Green beans/Potatoes
Potatoes and Bacon (saw on pinterest)
Something Mexican 
Fettuccine Alfredo with chicken 


That is the plan...I may not follow it exactly but that is okay. I have different veggies in the fridge - beets, leeks, radishes and tomatoes. I also have black beans, cannellini beans, lentils and different grains (barley, white rice, brown rice, pasta and quinqoa). 

I am also on pinterest everyday and find new recipes all the time. I like to try them out if I have the ingredients needed. We shall see. 

What do you have planned? I would love to hear. It helps me get new ideas! 

Stay-At-Home{Made} Mom i got a new idea to make meatball subs - didn't think it about that but I have all the ingredients. Check out her site! It is great! 








2 comments:

  1. I love Pinterest for the new ideas too! I just posted a recipe of what we ate yesterday on my blog :) We try to eat light right now 'cause it's too hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made meatballs last night and decided to try a different approach. I usually cook them in the oven, but this time I just cooked them with some pasta sauce and they tasted soooo good :)

      I bought some Boudin sausage and was thinking about cooking with beans and rice and maybe some chicken.... kinda like jambalaya.

      I also baked some bread and some muffins. I bought a Dr Oetker vanilla cupcake organic mix on Vitacost and it was totally worth it. It was around $3 and they taste great and no need to worry about harmful ingredients. I also threw a hand of blueberries in the batter, which made them even more delicious.

      I might cook some pork chops tomorrow. Nothing fancy, I'll probably cook them in a pan with some garlic and white wine and some veggies on the side.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I am thankful you visited my blog today!

I love to read all your comments. Please keep your comments encouraging. Rude comments will be deleted.

Again, thank you!