11.12.2012

Chicken Pot Pie - Fall Is Here!


"This is the best chicken pot pie I have ever had." - Nathan...my wonderful husband! 

What a wonderful thing to hear! And I must say...I certainly agree! So you might be thinking what made this chicken pot pie so delicious?! 

Well...here is it!
Progresso Soup Starters! 
I used the Creamy Roasted Garlic - the recipe was on the backside of the label. The label also had a bar code you could scan with your smartphone which took you to 30 more delicious recipes! How cool is that?! 

Here is the recipe - (

- 1 can Progresso Recipe Starter (Creamy Roasted Garlic)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded chicken (I boiled my chicken and then placed in my Kitchen Aid Mixer with the paddle option - put on the 4 speed and it shredded in minutes!) 
- 12 oz. frozen mixed veggies (I had corn and peas.) Green Giant has yummy mixed veggie packs. 
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/4 tsp pepper 
- Pillsbury Pie Crust (2 pack)

Preheat oven to 425 F. Add recipe starter, flour, salt, pepper and poultry seasoning to a medium saucepan. Whisk together until smooth. Bring to boil. Add frozen veggies and let boil for 2 minutes; stirring occasionally. Add chicken. Spoon into pie crust. Put the pie crust top on and make some slices in the top. 

Bake for 30-35 minutes or until brown. After 15 minutes of baking, wrap the edges of the pie with aluminum foil to prevent burning. Let rest for a few minutes and then serve! 

This was delicious! I did not even add any extra salt and pepper when I ate it! And of course, Nathan loved it as you can see above! 

{Progresso did not ask me to write this. I just wanted to share a great recipe that makes dinner easy while keeping the amazing flavor you are looking for!}

Let me know if you have used any of the other options! I would love to hear the recipes you made and your thoughts on how they turned out! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I am thankful you visited my blog today!

I love to read all your comments. Please keep your comments encouraging. Rude comments will be deleted.

Again, thank you!