11.09.2012

Potato Soup Recipe

This is the first recipe that I have created (with the help of my Nana) and it was delicious. I totally forgot to take a picture - too busy eating!

The weather here has been changing a lot but it finally feels like fall! I love it. I also love soup during this time so that is what we made!

Who doesn't love a nice bowl of potato soup to warm you up on a chilly day?

Potato Soup:

4-5 large potatos, peeled and diced into cubes - we just used what we had left over.
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbsp dried parsley
1 small onion, chopped
3 carrots, peeled and chopped
Water, enough to just cover potatoes plus a little to add to flour as a thickener
1/2 cup milk
1 Tbsp. flour
salt and pepper

Place potatoes, garlic, onion, carrots, parsley, water and salt to a large saucepan. Simmer for 30-35 minutes. Smash the potatoes slightly you will still want pieces of the potato. Add milk. In seperate bowl, mix flour and water to make a paste. Add to soup to thicken.

Serve with cheese, sour cream, and/or bacon. and...

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I am thankful you visited my blog today!

I love to read all your comments. Please keep your comments encouraging. Rude comments will be deleted.

Again, thank you!