5.27.2013

Meals This Week 5/26


I hope everyone enjoyed celebrating Memorial Day. It is so great to take a day to remember those who are or have served our great country. I have family currently serving: Lizzy (sister) and James (cousin) and family that lost their lives frighting. And of course, I could not forget my friends who are overseas right now serving.

I thank them for risking their lives to protect my family and everyone else's. It takes great courage and commitment.

----------------------------------------------------------

Today, we celebrated (shortly) at Nathan's parents house. I say shortly because Hailey spiked a 104 fever after lunch. We headed home so she could get some medicine and a long nap. When she woke up we gave her a cool bath. Harper also had a fever - she has a double ear infection.

On top of all this, I have been in more pain each and every day. Thankfully, I have my amazing husband. He has helped me out so much. I have still cleaned up the house (dishes, cooking, laundry, pick up toys) but he has taken care of the girls. He even let me sleep in this morning until 11 am - I did not sleep well last night because I could not get comfortable and I hurt myself twice while getting Harper's morning bottle at 6 am.

Oh and he went to Lowe's for me to get my mushroom compost for the garden - I planted the seeds yesterday. He even found a rug for the front porch for $10! A great find. (Pictures to come later - we will be changing up the front porch so I can go out in the mornings for my quiet time.)

{I do not think I had my eyes open the whole time I was getting the bottle. lol I tripped over a rug and the second time I hurt myself I do not remember. such is life.}

Anyways, my pain medicine has kicked in so I sat down a little bit ago to plan out the rest of our meals for the week. :D I am excited for what I came up with.

Monday: Frozen Pizza served with salad (iceburg lettuce, cheese and tomatoes)

Tuesday: Cube Steak with Onions and Zucchini served with homemade bread

Wednesday: Leftovers

Thursday: Deer Meat Tacos (I will be making my own tortilla wraps)

Friday: Grilled Steaks served with homemade macaroni and cheese plus veggies

Saturday: Leftovers

Sunday: Black Beans and Rice (Mad Hungry Recipe)


-------------------------------------------

Items To Purchase:

- 1 lime
- cilantro (checking to see if any friends have some)

Other Groceries:

- strawberries
- blueberries
- mustard (free)
- cinnamon toast crunch
- dry pasta (.25 per box)








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I am thankful you visited my blog today!

I love to read all your comments. Please keep your comments encouraging. Rude comments will be deleted.

Again, thank you!