9.06.2013

Crock Pot Venison Ham Roast

This past deer season, my great friend Wade got a small deer for us. He texted me one morning and said he was going out to get me a deer. Later that day, he sent me a picture of my deer. :D

Talk about seeing where your food comes from. haha

We were able to put ground deer meat and sausage plus some deer hams. I LOVE deer meat!

I have never cooked a deer ham before so I thought I could just research online (Pinterest) and easily find a great recipe. Not the case.

I did find a couple recipes but I did not have all they called for so I headed to the kitchen to create my own!

It turned out fantastic! Alora (the girl who lives with us) told me she did not eat deer meat but when she walked into the house that day she couldn't get over the amazing aroma that filled the house! She even asked to try it and guess what!? She loved it! SCORE!

After that, I knew I needed to share it with you! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.


Look at that tender deer meat! Yummy.

Crock Pot Venison Ham Roast

1 cup beef broth
2 bay leaves
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 onion, sliced
2 tbsp Worcestershire sause
Salt and Pepper
Tabasco sauce, couple dashes

Place sliced onions on the bottom of the your crock pot to create a bed for the ham to sit on. Add broth, bay leaves and garlic. Rub your ham with the salt and pepper then place in crock pot. To finish it off, shake on the worcestershire and tabasco.

Cook on low for 8-10 hours.

I served this with roasted potatoes (dice up potatoes, toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. roast for 25-30 minutes in a 350 degree oven) and fresh green beans and okra from our garden.

So simple yet so delicious!

Let me know if you try it out and how you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I am thankful you visited my blog today!

I love to read all your comments. Please keep your comments encouraging. Rude comments will be deleted.

Again, thank you!