9.27.2013

Day Three of the Five Day Pinterest Challenge - Baked Meatballs

Recipe Here

Yesterday was very busy! A friend of mine had to go out of town so her husband was home with the kids (4 of the 5 plus a neighbor kid) so I made dinner for them.

Dinner was delicious. Baked Meatballs served over pasta and homemade tomato sauce. I will be making these again...Nathan even liked them a lot (he does not like meatballs.) He took one bite and said this is really good. :D I love to hear that.

I looked online for a homemade tomato sauce but nothing seemed to be right for our taste buds...so I created my own.

Homemade Tomato Sauce

1/4 cup olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp chili powder
28 oz plum tomatoes, cut up with scissors
1/2 tsp oregano
2 1/2 tsp sugar
1 carrot, grated
1 bay leaf
fresh ground pepper
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped

I first placed the olive oil, garlic, salt and chili powder in a cold pan then heated up for about 1 minute until everything was very fragrant. Next, I stirred in everything else (except the fresh basil - add that at the end)...make sure to taste to see if you need more salt or sugar. I brought everything to a low boil and then simmered for about 30-35 minutes.

That is it! Delicious! It simmered while the meatballs were cooking.

I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I am thankful you visited my blog today!

I love to read all your comments. Please keep your comments encouraging. Rude comments will be deleted.

Again, thank you!