1.03.2014

Daniel Fast...21 Days

Happy New Year Everyone!

A new year brings new challenges and changes. What is my change this year? I am working on myself. Getting healthy...not just physically but spiritually.

My aunt and uncle have completed the Daniel Fast a couple months ago and now another aunt has decided to try it out. I got to thinking about it and decided to join myself.

I had a long 12.5 hour car ride home from Erie, Pa to think and pray about it. Half way in - I committed myself.

I got to say - it has been pretty easy so far. I know it will get harder as the weeks go on but I am ready to give my bad habits to the Lord and let Him be in control.

I know that I cannot do this alone. He is my strength. my perseverance. my goal.

By the end of this fast, I would like to break my habit of eating so many sweets...actually eating when I get stressed. I have over 30 lbs to lose from my first pregnancy and this has been my fault it hasn't come off.

I am a stress eater. chocolate, junk food, comfort foods...you name.

I have given this to the Lord. It takes 21 days to break a habit and this will be mine. Not to give into temptation but to be healthy and stop my bad habits.

----------------

My 21 Day Daniel Fast began on Monday. I have lost 5.2 lbs so far. I am tracking everything I am eating on Weight Watchers to make sure I do not over eat on fruits and veggies. lol I do not want to change my new good habits into bad habits. lol

Here are some pictures of the food I have been eating:

Black Beans with Brown Rice and a fruit/veggie smoothie

Whole Wheat Pasta tossed with salt, pepper, oo served with a side salad

Toasted Slivered Almonds and Cranberry Quinoa (The Can't Cook Cookbook)

Strawberry and Banana Smoothie

I went grocery shopping Monday night and spent around $73 on lots of fruits and veggies plus items for Nathan and the girls. We had nothing in the house to eat since we went away for a week. I had $20 left over from last month to use towards this month's groceries. 

So total spent at Aldi from Jan. budget: $53 plus $31 at Earth Fare = $84. 

The budget this month is probably going to be around $180 but I hope to keep it much lower. We will see how the next few weeks go. 

How are you doing? Any new year goals? 

Anyone done the Daniel Fast? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I am thankful you visited my blog today!

I love to read all your comments. Please keep your comments encouraging. Rude comments will be deleted.

Again, thank you!