Yesterday did not go exactly how I had planned. It was quite funny...especially since what I am about to show you happened after I wrote assignment update #1. :D
I was able to clean up my house...Grandmommy is coming over today so I wanted everything to look great. She wanted to see all the work that I have been doing...changing rooms around and organizing everything. It looks great. :D And it only took about 45 minutes!
My goal list was:
- Clean Kitchen (dishes put away, clean off counters)
- Put Away Folded Laundry (I got half of this done.)
- Vacuum Floors
- Dust Our Bedroom (this turned into me dusting the entire house. :D)
- Make Dinner (we took what we had to Nathan's parents house and they added salmon and dessert.)
- Deposit Check
- Mail Out Bill (did not get to do...thursday this will happen)
- Help with Welcome Bags @ the Neighborhood Center.
Helping with the welcome bags is where the funny part of my day comes in. Right when I walked in...the ladies started giving me stuff to take home.
It started with canning jars...which I will ALWAYS accept! Below is my front picture of the boxes of canning jars. 4.5 boxes total! So thankful.
Next I was given a bunch of school supplies for the girls. They thought it was like Christmas. They opened everything up right away and started "making crafts."
As I was getting ready to leave they said that the girls needed these chairs. I thought they were SUPER cute and they would like them. So of course, I took them as well. Why not?! The whole back of my SUV was full of goodies.
I also received a Highland Park notebook, 4 mugs, magnet and a gift card to Lowe's. The gift card will be used with the other one I have from Nathan (it was a birthday present given to him) to purchase dirt, compost and possibly wood or cement blocks for expanding my garden.
So far I have not given anything away yet but I will be working on that later tonight. How did you do?! Hopefully better than me. :D
* I just happened to clean out my fridge the night before because there was a couple items that needed to be thrown away. *