It is so amazing how life can become so busy without even knowing it! I know it is only Wednesday but I already need a vacation! How about you? Do you need a vacation? Where would you go?
I don't know why I am dreaming of a vacation as I type out our frugal accomplishments. haha Vacations are not cheap. lol
Anyways, here is a look at our frugal accomplishments this past week.
- I received a gift card to Lowe's, some school supplies for the girls and our office, 3 children school chairs (green, red and yellow) and 4 boxes canning jars plus the plastic totes the jars are currently in! This was from the neighborhood association center. I helped put together Welcome Bags for new members of our community.
- I used coupons to get items for FREE...some were money makers!
- We ate dinner at Earth Fare for family night. This was totally free since I had a gift card from the store.
- Friday night we ate dinner at my friends' house...I had signed up to bring them dinner but they insisted that they use their gift cards and have me eat with them. It was a delicious meal. In return, I spent the night on Sunday at their house to get the boys ready for school the next morning. (the parents went out of town)
- Cooked most meals at home.
- I made a raised bed out of a pallet - not completed yet.
- Downloaded free books from Amazon.
- Ordered a few magazine subscriptions for free...MoneySavingMom had them on her site.
- We recycled as usual.
- I went out to dinner with the my friend, her kiddos and my kiddos. She had $5 off for each of us so we split the entire bill plus used the coupons. It was much cheaper! We even had enough leftovers for both of our husbands!
That is all for last week. I am hoping to come up with more ways to save money. I was happy to see our gas bill down by almost $20!!
Any suggestions on how to save more money? Please comment below!